View Single Post
Old 04.29.2016, 09:58 AM   #16
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
It's a pretty weird question though. 10-20 years? Looking at vocals only? It's like you made this thread because you were thinking about Corin Tucker. It's just an oddly specific thing to ask.

Like, I'd love to say Kendrick Lamar.. his voice is his greatest tool, and he's really grown into it and developed it over his four records, but that's only been over the past 5 years, so... He doesn't apply.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's just the fact that for me, personally, vocals are probably the least important part of music. More important than lyrics, I guess, if only because "good lyrics" can take so many different forms, and depending on the genre, what's "good" -- or what works -- varies pretty radically.
But still, unless someone's vocals are just totally fucking infuriating, as Drake's are when he croons, or Eminem's are whenever he does anything, I'm probably not going to give much of a shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|