View Single Post
Old 11.29.2007, 06:57 PM   #112
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Thanks for the rhizome outlines. I do believe that a massive part of the problem is translation, given that Deleuze, like Barthes, Derrida and Lacan, is a literary stylist as much as he is a philosopher or 'theorist'. Indeed, part of the problem with the way in which such figures are absorbed into the academy is that they're taken so literally, when it's their overall attitude that is the really interesting thing about them. It's not what they say but the way that they say it. - which, ultimately, is exactly what they are saying.

no academic these days has time to read and digest a book that would take months to read. but everyone must look as if they had actually done it.

anyway,

WHAT IS A RHIZOME?

an excuse to babble and free-associate in one's analysis

as if for example yesterday a cow had died in india and little children threw flowers at its corpse

vagina dentata

i do stare at the computer screen and am reminded of wittgenstein: and i was looking for this quote by him which goes something like "death is there where the eyes [something] in a blue sky", but i didn't find it, but i didn't find it. i found this instead:

Philosophy is a battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of language

stupid tv.

holy shit. i have become rhizomatic. no. i'm just joking.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|