View Single Post
Old 11.29.2007, 01:51 AM   #108
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Yeah, White Noise was pretty good. I've been meaning to check out some other Delillo. Any suggestions?

I wrote my final paper in one of my college classes (Contemporary American Literature) about how his kids were the only ones truly aware of what the fuck was REALLY going on and how easily adults are bombarded/influenced by the world and how this effects their actions because of fear about how they will be perceived by others ect.......I think. It's been awhile.

In terms of Roth, I've only read The Human Stain which had a pretty interesting concept.

damn, white noise is all of his i've read. i came across a baseball book but im not really into that so i was turned off, perhaps stupidly so.

i'm gonna check out mao II as demonrail said.

from philip roth, i own portnoy's complaint but it has always bored me. maybe it was great in the 70s, i dont know. i can't try again. maybe i will.

however, a story-- one day i was hanging out @ the local bookstore (in dc) and i started reading "the dying animal". i was completely engrossed in it but i could only read 1/2 because i had to go. didnt buy it as it had only come out in hardcover and it was something like 26 bucks that i didnt have at the time. anyway, i need to read that, i did enjoy it, philip roth in the antechamber of death, obsessed with old age and the big crunch creeping up on him. i say check it out.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|