View Single Post
Old 05.02.2015, 12:44 AM   #6548
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
I think general consensus mostly sucks because it prevents people to make honest opinion about the music. If most people say & think about some band it had gone down, itīs very rare people has interest to listen whole records through and even they will, this opinion influence their listening. And even they still like it, they canīt admit it. People just have tendency to belong into groups.

Anyway like many others I was thinking after Load & Reload Metallica didnīt have anything to me. Then my friend played me St. Anger that had just released and I really felt immediately I had one of my favourite band back. And still I am thinking St. Anger is as great as those eighties albums (well I have always loved also Black Album). And my opinion hasnīt changed even it seems everybody hates that album. Death Magnetic was disappointment to me and now I am thinking again Metallica doesnīt have anything to me anymore. Of course I am glad if I am wrong.

I havenīt ever liked S&M. To me it sounds like normal Metallica live album where has added symphony orchestra playing something (not even anything interesting). And I think Metallica as a live band was at itīs best in the time of Cliff Em All. Well, it was also memorable to see them after Black Album tour, they played then very much older songs (they started in Creeping Death just like in Cliff Em All).

Even Load & Reload were disappointments at time when they came, I have listened them quite recently and think now theyīre ok, not of course great. Somehow I have always thought Ride the Lightining is not great as entirely. I think Fight Fire With Fire, Trapped Under Ice & Escape are kind of fillers. Like they havenīt had enough good material, so they made few tunes in the spirit of Kill Em All. Maybe I have to listen that album as a whole again. Kill Em`All, Master Of Puppets & Justice are of course just dynamite!
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|