Thread: death grips
View Single Post
Old 04.26.2012, 08:21 AM   #61
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
^^^^
Quote:
My very good friend passed away, and that made its way into who I was when I was making the album. It was hard for me to wrap my head around; it got me thinking about death and living a lot. Something like that is so big that you almost don't want to approach it directly. So the album process started out with a tragedy, and I ended up with a record about wanting to live.

In my head, the record is about dealing with the idea that you are the problem and everything else isn't. That's the "Cancer for Cure". We have that destruction in us, whether we run with it or not. I have a tendency to dip my foot in self-destructive behavior. I struggle with that, but it's also a world perspective. There's a segment of the world that looks at the average individual like me and you as the problem-- something to be solved, an annoyance or a blight on an otherwise potentially perfect world. All the mechanisms and manifestations of that line of thought are in all the shit that's going on right now. This is a fight record. Like, "Goddamn it. Enough is fuckin' enough.

on my third listen, this is definitely a fight record and my fav project of the year so far as well. and there is another album he fully produced for Killer Mike coming out in May.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|