View Single Post
Old 04.20.2006, 01:04 PM   #27
jheii
bad moon rising

jheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's asses
I think the idea of splitting a city up into different school districts isn't inherently bad. It all depends on the funding going to these districts, and who is going to be put in charge of them. People who grow up in suburbia behave differently than people who grow up in the inner city. If yr creating a situation where people are put in charge of educating their children the way that is most appropriate for them, instead of having to make sacrifices in the name of multi-cultural compromises, then I think everyone will win. If the motivation behind this is to keep the lower classes in their proper places, both geographically and economically, then obviously its no good. I'm not so sure where I'm going with this... I think the more localized things are, the better they work. Yadda yadda yadda.

PS: If I saw Ayn Rand drowning in a lake, I'd throw rocks at her just so that I could say that I did my part.