View Single Post
Old 11.02.2006, 12:12 PM   #21
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
My ten favorites so far

Public Enemy / "Fight the Power"
Queen and David Bowie / "Under Pressure"
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts/ "I Love Rock N' Roll"
The Police / "Every Breath You Take"
Talking Heads / "Burning Down the House"
Styx / "Mr. Roboto"
Guns N' Roses / "Welcome to the Jungle"
Eurythmics / "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)"
Ratt / "Round and Round"
The Cure / "Just Like Heaven"

Yeah, Wham! did have some better songs (yes, they are planning some reunion concerts for December), but of course, the list will opt for the more well-known ones. The worst case of this is with Devo, R.E.M., & Talking Heads who have oodles of better songs than the VH1 selections (which were voted on by online users).
This issue was addressed a bit in the case of The Pretenders because Chrissie Hynde stated how much she dislikes "Brass in Pocket" and even more so with Berlin. Terri Nunn told of how the success of "Take My Breath Away" from the Top Gun soundtrack caused a rift in the band; their Pleasure Victim is a pretty good '80s album. And of course, Mr. Roboto and Kilroy was Here caused Styx to short-circuit too.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|