View Single Post
Old 12.16.2006, 06:13 AM   #70
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
We've got the whole of Sonic Youth's show on two cameras. Left and right balcony. It's a nice venue with great vantage points. Thurston's first words after Candle were "Good evening ladies and germs".
The set was shorter than planned, and there were a couple of irritating groupies getting on the stage trying to hug and kiss Thurston. He refused their affection and was restled to the ground in the process. He had a good laugh though.
Some guy wiped out terribly, when he dived of the stage and the crowd moved out of the way.
Kim danced her ass off as usual, and I think I saw Coco on the right side of the podium behind the curtains... Not sure though.

First time I've seen DAU. They were all great, but Corsano! Wow!
I got the first 40 minute part of DAU, before my tape ran out.
The crowd was very annoying indeed. Talking all the way through the set. Some idiot threw a plastic cup at Thurston for no reason at all. It missed him but people that were standing around were like; WTF?!?

I managed to see:

Masonic Youth: Wierd masked doomers doing some kind of drone noise with a vibrating dildo on a scratch pad.
Danielson: Not my kind of music.
Julie Mittens: Really impressed! They're surely the loadest Dutch band I've ever seen. Thanks for the tip Nefeli.
Sonic Youth: Great show, but I wish they had done some 20 min feedback stuff.
Dream Aktion Unit: My favorite of the evening.
Mono: Brilliant! Bought the 2xLP coloured vinyl after the show.

I missed No Neck Blues Band, My Cat is an Alien. Damn!

The only boardie I met was rappard. Thanks for keeping a nice spot for me to film.

ps: Oh, I think that I saw pokkeherrie in the crowd, and I stood next to king_buzzo on the right side of the stage at DAU. He took a nice photo of Thurstons pedals, which I'm sure he'll post soon.

All in all, it was a great evening except for a few annoying stuckup indie twats.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|