Thread: EU
View Single Post
Old 07.13.2006, 10:30 AM   #18
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck norris
I never heard anything about this....

I believe there still is the euro in Italy. It is true that their economy is very bad.

In Holland (my country) the economy is not doing very well, but this has not much to do with a currency. It has more to do with high rate of jobless people, little economic progress, more competition with other countries (because the euro makes competition easier) and a very low rate of entrepreneurship.

These things have to do with the negative sides of the wellfare state, and the law (like rules against firing people). It's a big risk being an entrepreneur in Holland, so people don't take any economic chances, and progress stops.

Right.

But about Italy going back to its original currency, I'm sure that happened, may have been Spain though. Which country has the lire?(is that spelt right?) It was that country
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|