View Single Post
Old 06.12.2009, 02:50 PM   #28
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
yeah, seems like they're using the 'spensive pickups that Thurston and Lee like.

But still, it's Fender, so I'd have to agree that the markup is ridiculous.

I've never spend over 200 bucks on a guitar, and I love all my guitars.

Though I'm pretty sure some of them I could sell for 500-600 bucks easy.

no, they don't use 'expensive' hardware and pickups unless you are buying from custom shop and spending well over $1500

Your best bet is to do what Sonic youth has always done, by a thrashed jazzmaster, or even a squire jazzmaster, and re-wire it yourself, and buy the upgraded pickups on your own. You will save hundreds of dollars, and have a lot more fun in the process

not to hate on sonic youth, but I do not generally enjoy signature guitars unless they are true originals. Just re-packaging a jazzmaster is not exactly a signature guitar.. lets see a new design, something original.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|