Thread: CD vs Vinyl
View Single Post
Old 03.10.2009, 02:55 PM   #78
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
and the whole thing of obsessive care of vinyl is kind of the point. Vinyl colectors nowawdays are archivists really, unlike people in the old days wh bought records and listened to them and treated them as shittily as people nowadays treat CD's. (playing them with an ancient crusty needle, stacking up 7" singles or records without their sleeves, throwing them around, etc.)

I treat my vinyl recordss like bits of archeology. I take great care with them, keep them from direct sun, no heat, no humidity. I never stack them, only have them on their sides on shelves. I woul do the same for old books, or artworks.
CD's however, I could care less, and a digital file that can get completely erased if you happen to walk by a powerful electromagnet? shiiiiiiiit.