View Single Post
Old 05.06.2006, 05:59 AM   #46
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by radical adult
Sorry Florya, heard that many times before, but I don't think that this is true for the most of downloaders. Just because it is nowdays much more nerve and time-consuming (not speaking of money) to buy a DECENT (not a mainstream) record, than to dl it somewhere, be a little creative and do your own artwork, eventually using some pix you downloaded too.
PLUS: you can dl every album you can buy, but you can't buy every album you can dl!

You may have heard it before, doesn't mean it's not true for me. My conscience is clear when it comes to downloading.
I take your point about not being able to buy everything you download, but there are very few people who try to make a profit from selling live recordings and oop rarities. What would be the point when they are freely available to anyone that wants them, as long as they have an internet connection?
In the bad old days, I used to go to record fairs and try and find copies of live recordings of gigs that I'd been to. If I found one I'd have to pay £5-£10 for a cheap cassette copy which very often snagged itself in the workings of my car stereo before I'd even got it home!
Now I can get much better quality recordings at no cost. OK so the band don't get paid for unofficial concert recordings. Tough. I don't ask for royalties every time I'm filmed on CCTV even though that's done against my will and without my knowledge.
Listen, I've been in bands, I've had records released, people have recorded concerts that I've played in, I've seen my music available for download on slsk. Does it bother me? Not in the slightest. Why? Because it's all advertising.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|