Thread: the Who thread
View Single Post
Old 10.10.2011, 09:41 AM   #19
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
In ELP-thread The Watcher claimed that ELP is the greatest band of all time. Well, to me personally Sonic Youth is still the most important at the moment, but If I have to say what is the most remarkable band in the pop/rock music history, I say it is the WHO! Why I havenīt said this before is that I have always thought Face Dances and Itīs Hard is quite miserable albums. I have just heard all the Who studio albums in passing (with working) and maybe Face Dances is not still very strong album. But I bought Itīs Hard and listened it properly and itīs just great! Well itīs not the Who Sell Out or Tommy or Whoīs next, but much greater than Who are You!

I think Who is almost the only sixties-seventies band who sound so fresh also in the eighties. I have thought the greatest band would have also been King Crimson, because I have also listened recently their albums Construkction Of Light and Power to Believe, but even theyīre also great albums, they are so depressive when the Who Itīs Hard and also Endless Wire is so full of hope! I also think Who have done almost all kinds of style music, they have succeed even put the symphonic elements in Tommy and Quadrophenia. And I think they also succeed to reform without making it constrained like many other bands. Itīs Hard and Endless wire sounds so different that first album My generation, but still itīs easy to recognise them all who albums. Maybe there is echoes from Quadrophenia in Itīs Hard and Endless Wire, but Quadrophenia is quite depressive album when those two are so optimistic. The Who made also one of the rock/pop history greatest singles!

Maybe the Beatles is still the most important band in the sixties, but I think the Who is the most important of all time!

The Who have had many official recognitions, but I think thereīs lots of younger people who donīt know how important band the Who is.

I know many of you will disagree with me, but please, but the arguments also, not just a lame "youīre wrong"-opinion.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|