Thread: the Who thread
View Single Post
Old 01.16.2011, 01:38 PM   #10
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I'm going to have to repeat this, because it's very important to me that I continue to emphasise that Zappa is the shittest thing imaginable. No offence to your good self [etc].

Fripp is a good call though, he's got a really interesting approach to the guitar at the time. Not really an 'orthodox' player though, more in the lieage of Keith Rowe.

Itīs very easy to me understand why people donīt like Zappa. I think heīs one of them people love or hate, very rare feel that he is indifferent. Well I had only "Does Humor belong into music"-tv document at first and it was me hard to understand, why some of my friends keep the man genius, I thought then that he is ok, but not great. Then I bought Bongo Fury (Beefheart was the reason) and began to understand how great he was.

About great guitarists of 60-70ies, I forgot to mention Johnny Winter, Rory Gallagher, Alan Wilson, Duane Allman, Carlos Santana and John McLaughlin. Johnny Winter And, Johnny Winter And: Live, Living the Blues, At Fillmore East, Santana First, Abraxas, Santana Third, Against the grain and Birds of Fire are all just great albums! By the way whatīs the substance of music is the most important to me, I canīt listen the music, if the musics boring whatever good guitarists it have.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|