Thread: the Who thread
View Single Post
Old 01.16.2011, 10:41 AM   #5
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Haven't listened to the Who in ages - I find their lyrics quite tiresome now, but live in Leeds is one of the better live albums out there. Fucking loud as well.

Something I quite like about Townshend is that he's got an absurdly heavy attack. Even with the amps at full whack, he'll still cunt the fuck out of his guitar. Him and Jeff Beck are the only interesting guitarist out of that era, for me - and they're both happy doing one-note solos, rather than widdling about like a cunt (Clapton).

Iīm not big Jeff Beck-fan, although I have had interest to his early solo works. My brother have Blow by Blow, Wired and Live with Jan Hammer and used to listen them a lot, but now I havenīt got interest about them. Only "Beck-album" I have is Yardbirdīs Roger the engineer. In that album his solos are at least in some songs very near Townshend solos. Maybe Beck didnīt use feedback as radically as Townshend. But I think thereīs lots more interesting guitarists in 60-70ies for example Jimi Hendrix, also Clapton (his works before his solo career, sometimes he plays great solos some other artistīs albums also nowdays), Robert Fripp, Frank Zappa, the most of the Beefheart guitarists, Dave Gilmour, Ulrich Roth and Robin Trower.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|