View Single Post
Old 05.20.2019, 12:00 AM   #42266
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ah...

but if you’re a parliamentary system you could have snap elections yes?
We could, but it's unlikely.

The only way we're going to have Parliament cleared out is if we have a double dissolution, which is generally only done if we've got a completely deadlocked Senate (although once in 1975 there was a constitutional crisis). The 2016 election was one, which backfired completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the other think i’ve been mulling over (nobody really is talking about it right now but im just learning so i’d like to shoot the shit as a learning reinforcement) is that one of the big reasons for australia having no recession in 28 years is you’ve been feeding china’s growth with raw materials
This would make sense; we're geographically closer to China than any other Western nation (unless you count Russia ) so it's best for us if we're able to make a mint from their economic growth. Not sure about how this'll turn out for us in the future though.

There were conspiracy theories Turnbull was soft on China because his daughter in law comes from over there XD

---

Oh, and on Shorten: he's standing down as party leader, so now everyone else is jostling to be in the box seat
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|