Thread: Girls Rock! DC
View Single Post
Old 08.17.2009, 11:13 AM   #82
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Just one more thing…

I’ve been seemingly “lurking” and taking a long time to respond to messages (that’s right, respond, i’m getting them in my inbox and then writing back) because I’m AT WORK.

I’m not really angry or defensive…nor am i acting that way....you all are putting me in that role. I simply asked a question and then stated an opinion that wasn’t being represented. Seems like everybody is just having a fun time berating me. And there is no one thing that I could probably say to end that…even temporarily leaving the thread to do a work-related assignment didn’t do the trick…I’m glad that I’m at least providing some people amusement? It's kinda banal to send somebody inbox messages and then post their replies so that people will laugh, but whatever, I expected nothing less from people on a forum.

If you don’t like Girls Rock camps, then don’t enroll yr children. If you don’t like feminism, then don’t pay attention. If riot grrrls annoy you, don’t listen to their music. I always assumed that those were relatively simple things to grasp….

I am a feminist for a whole bunch of reasons. I think of SY as being a feminist band. But that’s not why I listen to them. And if you don't agree, fine. I’m not here to lecture anybody. I haven’t been doing any femi-nazi lecturing. I stated an opinion about why I liked a silly lil show. And if that annoys you, then skip ahead to the next thread rather than attack the sender...or attack the sender, whatever, it doesn't matter, as you all said, it's a silly lil forum.

However, I'm ready for this to end.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|