View Single Post
Old 01.06.2009, 03:52 AM   #147
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
The backlash is usually only there because bands usually get worse and change their sound in order to get popular. "Sell out", in other words. AC haven't sold out to my ears, though they certainly aren't as interesting as they used to be. They still make somewhat difficult music, I think, compared to most mainstream music. That deserves kudos.

true, but in the case for most of those bands, they were always intending to "sell out". or, it just seems very intentional.

the thing with AC is they were always heading in this direction... they seem to want to explore every type of album... they've done acoustic, droney, synthy, psych, poppy, blippy, noisey, and this is their 'party' album, or their 'hip-hop' album... it was bound to be their most popular... i knew it back in june 07 when i heard the Brother Sport boot for the first time and my room-mate who didn't like them at all was flipping out at the vocals/bass/caribbean-feel to it

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|