View Single Post
Old 05.28.2015, 06:22 AM   #14
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
that sucks! dumping you like that at the last minute is true fuckery.

can't suggest anything other than finding a new ape to replace him or pulling a big black and programming a drum machine that will never betray you.

yeah. also,
that dude runs the practice space we used (also with different projects). it was the cheapest and nicest of all practice spaces I ever saw in Vienna. great.
basically we were the only ones who took care of that place too. repairing shit. cleaning, organizing. big fuckwartery.
super weird, used to play with him in primordial undermind too, a band he never really liked and always wanted to play in my project. now this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Good drummers are rare so we guitarists have to tolerate their many idiosyncrasies.. its that or do it all yourself in the studio which frankly is too much work

well, guitarist are the worst too.
never had any problems with tuba players. they have very gentle minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccagotcursedout

also you can't be shy on drums. everybody can hear you so you have to be loud and proud. otherwise you'll get no where. but start off quiet and proud first because it doesn't matter because everyone can still hear you.

yeah, i'm a pretty bad ass fake free jazz drummer myself too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
It's true. Good drummers are fucking rare. I've never had an experience quite like what ATT's describing, but I did used to work with this really thunderous drummer, a technical wiz. He was really nice and really weird- wore pleated pants and argyle sweaters, even during sweaty disgusting basement gigs. But his eccentricity was that he was clean cut like a Mormon, and that was fine for us.

Then things just got really weird. He started desperately trying to get laid, creeped people out. Started drinking out of nowhere, and became the butt of a lot of jokes. He got, like, blind drunk to the point where he'd piss his pants during practice. Then, fist fight with guitarist for one of the bands we played with most. By then he already had a replacement filling in for him ½ the time. So .. He had to go. And he went, happily. Ended up having some serious psychological problems. 6 months later, institutionalized.

Then his replacement, who was all muscle and a little more lax on the technical side, turned out to be super ambitious, and really committed. He was a good stylistic fit, and had connections with established bands. Great guy, but also a closet heroin addict. Took a while to figure that one out.

i hear you. drummers and heroin don't seem to go together very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
My last band broke up because our drummer had mental problems and ruined the band for everyone. The band before that broke up because we couldn't find a drummer (the one good one we found wanted to sing instead and brought his friend along to drum in his place, and his friend was awful)

in primordial undermind, we had 6 drummers in the last 2 years.
one quit music to become a monk. he was really good though.
rest of them just disappeared.
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|