View Single Post
Old 10.01.2011, 02:14 PM   #20
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
I guess the biggest problem I have with Smashing Pumpkins is the overall mastermind of the whole thing...Billy Corgan can be an awesome guitarist and songwriter, but he needs to reel it in a little when it comes to the ego. When Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness came out, I remember somebody referred to it as "The Wall for Generation X"...I thought it was a a reviewer, but I went back and found out it was Corgan himself! Not cool. I much prefer it when musicians are heaped with accolades and the response from them is more along the lines of "(shrug) We were just expressing ourselves, but thanks". By all means believe in yourself, but leave the praise to others.

That said, the following Pumpkins songs are awesome:

Siva
Rhinoceros
Cherub Rock
Today
Hummer
Soma
Mayonaise
Silverfuck
Starla
Tonight, Tonight
Jellybelly