View Single Post
Old 03.02.2015, 01:54 PM   #46258
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Come on. When I saw them in 2009 at least a third of the audience wasn't even born when Daydream Nation came out. With a few exceptions, nobody needs to be of a certain age to like anything anymore. The us-vs.-them, my-generation-over-the-sorry-ass-shit-my-parents-listened-to 'tude is not as ubiquitous as it once was. The interwebs have collapsed time like a greasy taco and with the reissue industry at its peak people are not only fetishizing acts from "back in the day", but entire goddamn eras — in the lamentable case of the whole neo-postpunk/newwave/newpop bullcrap, for example, it's not just Joy Division and Gang Of Four you hear recycled, it's all the turdness that should have stayed in 1979: Spandau Ballet, Ultravox, A Motherfucking Flock Of Shitty Seagulls. And with virtually every freakin' song ever recorded in the HISTORY OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM available in a matter of seconds, both the "older than" and "younger than" camps continuously amass collections in which Johnny Cash and Lady Caca coexist just because of the premium a mediocre Hollywood flick and the latest idiotic dress/costume put on them.

Don't trust anyone over 30? Don't trust anyone under 30? Don't trust anyone's music collection, period.

this was superhilarious & good writing.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|