View Single Post
Old 03.02.2015, 01:49 AM   #46252
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Come on. When I saw them in 2009 at least a third of the audience wasn't even born when Daydream Nation came out. With a few exceptions, nobody needs to be of a certain age to like anything anymore. The us-vs.-them, my-generation-over-the-sorry-ass-shit-my-parents-listened-to 'tude is not as ubiquitous as it once was. The interwebs have collapsed time like a greasy taco and with the reissue industry at its peak people are not only fetishizing acts from "back in the day", but entire goddamn eras — in the lamentable case of the whole neo-postpunk/newwave/newpop bullcrap, for example, it's not just Joy Division and Gang Of Four you hear recycled, it's all the turdness that should have stayed in 1979: Spandau Ballet, Ultravox, A Motherfucking Flock Of Shitty Seagulls. And with virtually every freakin' song ever recorded in the HISTORY OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM available in a matter of seconds, both the "older than" and "younger than" camps continuously amass collections in which Johnny Cash and Lady Caca coexist just because of the premium a mediocre Hollywood flick and the latest idiotic dress/costume put on them.

Don't trust anyone over 30? Don't trust anyone under 30? Don't trust anyone's music collection, period.

Amen. Also, Soup Nazi has the best signature. Meanwhile...

Sherburne County 10" by Marcus Eads">Sherburne County 10" by Marcus Eads

and the latest installments of Fahey week over at
http://delta-slider.blogspot.com/
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|