View Single Post
Old 03.01.2015, 12:34 PM   #46244
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Severian, If I had 21 year son, I would have been 21 when I had him. Have you forgotten SY started already in the seventies and made their first record 1982? I think Thurston could be your grandgrandpa. Are you just joking or do you really think everybody who are here must be young or at least evry young shouldnīt talk to old ones? I think I am prick but sometimes I have wondered why you people who seem to be so in new music, listen also SY. Because I donīt hear nothing common in them. Anyway Itīs totally same to me what people are listening. And peopleīs ages just have no meaning to me.

I was really just fuckering around. I don't really know how to answer any of your questions. I don't care how old anyone is... But my parents are older than Thurson, so to me, all I can think of is my fishing hat wearing father hanging out on this board, going to Lightning Bolt shows and chatting about Rich Homie Quan.

But why does it strike you as odd that I like Sonic Youth so much? You're right, hey sound nothing like most of the new music that I get excited about, but that's because they're singular and perfect. And sonically, there's more of a connection between SY and new generations of experimental sound terrorists than you'd think. With each passing ear, I hear Sonic Youth's influence stretching out and creeping into new places.... It's one of the reasons why their music never really becomes ordinary or normal sounding.

Ah... is that cool?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|