View Single Post
Old 01.28.2013, 12:30 PM   #2426
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
just watched the bayern game mostly in turkish-- hard to make out what they were saying except for "guardiola". mandzukic did good-- i think he's getting better. i'm exhausted!

@ demonrail -- thanks for that, will check out. re: burkina faso is a french former colony you might have learned as "haute volta" (high volta? upper volta?). right above ivory coast (another ex-french colony).

@ suchfriends - any good matches you'd recommend from here? (it's available replays) (please ignore the mismatched dates & times i don't have time to edit)

1/2612:50 PM EST
Algeria vs. Togo ESPN3 1/269:50 AM EST
Cote D'Ivoire vs. Tunisia ESPN3 1/2512:50 PM EST
Burkina Faso vs. Ethiopia ESPN3 1/259:50 AM EST
Zambia vs. Nigeria ESPN3 1/2412:50 PM EST
Niger vs. Congo Dr ESPN3 1/2410:00 AM EST
Ghana vs. Mali ESPN3 1/231:00 PM EST
Morocco vs. Cape Verde ESPN3 1/2310:00 AM EST
South Africa vs. Angola ESPN3 1/221:00 PM EST
Tunisia vs. Algeria ESPN3 1/2210:00 AM EST
Cote D'Ivoire vs. Togo ESPN3 1/211:00 PM EST
Nigeria vs. Burkina Faso ESPN3 1/2110:00 AM EST
Zambia vs. Ethiopia ESPN3 1/201:00 PM EST
Mali vs. Niger ESPN3 1/2010:00 AM EST
Ghana vs. Congo Dr

I haven't been able to watch because of the time differences and I don't really like replays. I'm going to try to watch the final Ethiopia match tomorrow during my prep period but I might not be able to stream it from my work log-in. From what I've read and heard, the highlight matches worth watching was South Africa v Angola which was a SA shootout in the first half followed by them shutting out Angola in the second. The Ethiopia-Zambia was good even with the low score because it was an excellent defensive game. Most of these games have been a bit hectic, not as precise as African soccer usually is, more ruff and tumble like an NFL game really. Hopefully in the next round folks get their bearings. Its kind of weird because usually I think all the best games are in the Group Stage where teams really both show off and also compete because of the variety of teams and players

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|