View Single Post
Old 02.24.2010, 01:53 PM   #103
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I'll try and explain myself. I thought Milk-Eyed Mender was fantastic because it was a beautiful album yet there were obvious flaws. The album seemed raw. Listening to it I pictured Joanna Newsom playing harp in a wood shack on some farm miles and miles from industrialized cities.

After listening to all of them, I don't think it's necessarily a 'bad' thing. Just something for me to get used to. The new album is clean and smooth. Not as many overly-obnoxious notes, which to me are like landmarks throughout the story. Her voice seems less 'stressed' to me.

I've been really baked the entire time, though.

well there's a very good reason as to her voice changing.

Newsom developed vocal cord nodes in spring 2009, and all that came out when she opened her mouth “was like the hiss on opening a Coke can”.... On recovering, she mourned when she realised that her old voice was never coming back, though she says she must give “full disclosure” and admit that further vocal modifications have been deliberate.

link to article: http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle7032768.ece

She wasn't allowed to speak or cry for 2 months.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|