View Single Post
Old 01.16.2017, 07:36 PM   #72
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Just slag Beck off Severian gan on. You know you want to. Say hew! Beck lad. Why you take massive retrospective shite on your back catalog when playing live eh? Fucks wrong wi ya?! And why are you a cunt now?

It's nearly as bad as the time Spielberg removed the guns from e.t.!!

Hey now, I think Morninf Phase was just about the most tepid, boring, flaccid, vanilla snoozefest known to man. Fucking awful. Just really inexcusable for the guy who fought the sophomore slump with "Where it's At." Seriously. That's one of the single weirdest songs ever to be played on the radio, complete with a distorted-voice breakdown that sounds like Henry Rollins rapping Bad Moon Rising songs to Beastie Boys beats.

He used to chop up hardcore, folk, rap, funk and noise in the coolest way. Everyone from Bob Pollard to Trent Reznor wished they had an ounce of Beck's musical touch. I'm not going to defend whatever the fuck he's up to now. I'm just saying, he did some incredible shit, and he's been hugely successful for 20 years now, so I don't think he suddenly "sold out" for monetary gain.

Honestly though I don't know... I have no idea what these FIFA exploits are that you guys are talking about. I pretty much have no clue what's going on with Beck right now. Especially love. Last time I saw him he was doing a Dylan and the Band thing with the Flaming Lips, who opened for him and backed him (and it was goddamn awesome). So... fuck. Shrug.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|