View Single Post
Old 08.15.2022, 08:57 AM   #3538
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon

Hyper-capitalism commodifying a fragile sense of counter-culture. Corners being cut everywhere and no thought for anything else than a flimsy grand concept. Add to that the ramifications of a society still steeped in a deeply chauvinistic Zeitgeist and you got yourself a recipe for disaster. I'd heard and seen articles about the event. But this doc actually delved into it a bit deeper and showed footage as well as firsthand accounts that really provided a sense of the magnitude of awfulness going on there. Granted, probably not the best thing to watch if you want to combat your growing misanthropic notions. But a fascinating glimpse into the abyss of the human condition if cultivated by all the wrong spirits.

i've never seen this, but you really are on a roll with these reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
I also started watching Star Trek Voyager now. And woof, did the writing take a dip after finishing DS9. I mean, it's not completely without its merits. Janeway is interesting and well-realized early on and one or two other characters have some potential, but it all feels so ... inconsequential.
ah, oooof, watching voyager is bad enough, watching it after ds9 is a massive letdown.

the best thing about it is janeway's voice. but the other characters! my god... so awful. tom parris: fuckkkking boring. tuvok: boring. chakotay: boring. rob's cousin b'elanna: boring. ensing kim: pointless. the ridiculous catfish man: boring and annoying. his pointy eared girlfriend: cute, but boring. etc. kate mulgrew had the presence to have been a great captain but ayayay... i didn't have the patience to cross the whole of the delta quadrant with that lot.

the hologram doctor was actually entertaining at times. please state the nature of your medical emergency. yup, that phrase is the most memorable thing about that show for me.

PLEASE STATE THE NATURE OF YOUR MEDICAL EMERGENCY

ok

--

ps that show was so boring that i even forgot that 7 of 9 was in it. boring!

ok but enterprise was perhaps even worse...

on that subject, i've seen the first 2 seasons of discovery and it felt pretty great
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|