View Single Post
Old 01.07.2013, 03:56 PM   #8
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
Wow, sounds like some of you are eager for the next Gear Guide update! Too bad nobody asked "what effects did Lee use in 1987?".

I didn't know "Starfield Wild" listed the effects used! That's a huge help.

Note the Ludwig Phase II in the "Titanium Expose" video.

"Catholic Block" and "Eric's Trip" were the first two that came to mind when I read the subject line.

As for the Blue Box, I'll get back to that one after work...

My guess is Lee used a Boss DS-1 distortion, a wah (crybaby?), a compressor (mxr?) and an early fender delay/looper (DGC-1?) this was around 1988, this may be pretty similar around '87 too...

yes, its in the inner liner notes of the Starfield Wild 7" where it also lists the Peavey Roadmaster as the amp, Dennis Console for the mixing board and of course the Jazzmaster guitar. Also "bells" on the b-side "Earth/Amp" with that violent ultra heavy reverb tank kicking.

ah yes, i forgot about the ludwig synth in the titanium expose vid! thinking about it there is that one scene near the end of that vid where the one dude on the rightside (mimicking Thurston) has this effect chain: Guild Fuzz Wah (circa 60's maybe be re-branded as something else), 2 proco turbo rats stacked back to back and a DOD classic fuzz hidden in there... I briefly had one of those vintage Fuzz Wah units from my friend/bandmate, it was horrid and i had fixed it because the wah had a horrible sweep and tone, but that fuzz... just awful too (in a bad way), the whole pedal was just not useful.

Yes I'm an admitted junky for this stuff w/ gear acquisition syndrome (GAS), especially when it comes to effects units... so i'm a sucker for a gear update!
Rumor has it that the SY studios over the years have been littered with numerous effects units... proabbly way too many to detail and list.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|