View Single Post
Old 08.10.2016, 06:12 PM   #87
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
no its not. yes i understand that at a macro level toxic implies what you say. but if you hadn't noticed this is a micro discussion. i posted the definition of toxic at this level. psilocybin is not neurotoxic, does not cause harm to brain tissues. THAT is why i reject the term toxic for THIS discussion. its an important point. I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING BUT STOP BEING SO OBSTINATE AND HEAR ME OUT FOR A CHANGE. its not an attack on you, it just is what it is

you did realize i posted more science here than you yes? spiritual was a description of the EFFECT of the high, but i have provided plenty of evidence about the underlying SCIENCE but i guess you want to get caught up on the spiritual comment and so disregarded or didn't read anything i posted or checked out any of the links i shared. hey its your loss I FOR ONE ENJOYED THE RESEARCH so i don't mind at all.

NO. In this conversation and to the degree we are zooming in we are talking about psychoactive effects, the pharmacodynamics of psilocybin. toxicity is simply TOO SIMPLISTIC. zoom in with me you'll enjoy it as much as i did..

you're not wrong in general about toxicity, but try and understand what i am talking about, i know you can if you read what i posted and shared rather than argue petty details to somehow make yourself "right" and me somehow "wrong"

not necessarily at all. psychoactivity doesn't always have a moral connotation. scientists can study the pharmacodynamics without asserting a moral judgment. and again, at a pharmacodynamic level psilocybin is NOT toxic which is to say DOES NOT CAUSE HARM TO TISSUES. hence the concept of THERAPEUTIC RATIO

i posted plenty of science, studies, and data. read it. go ahead, pretend this is somehow.about me if it makes you feel smarter or better. i am not the scientist, i didn't conduct the studies. but i do know how to read them, and i know you know how to read them, but i fear you mistake this for some kind of pissing contest too much to actually read the research i shared. fine, but that is your loss.

haha again i notice you keep arguing about like only one thing i said, spiritual, but YOU HAVEN'T ADDRESSED ANYTHING ELSE I SAID, SHARED, OR POSTED. that tells me YOU DIDN'T READ THE STUDIES i shared. it tells me you are being half assed about this conversation.

i enjoyed what i learned by the way. i didn't see this as an argument at all but frankly I'm under the impression you don't particularly like me much anymore and so you continue to misconstrue my posts to you as somehow being antagonistic or hostile. not my intent at all. i just wanted to have a very detailed conversation about the pharmacology of psilocybin but i suppose you're just not interested. oh well again i myself.enjoyed learning many new things about how both LSD and psilocybin act on the brain and how they are different

I read what I could. I'm freaking busy, man. I'd love to chat about this more, but I actually spent an absurd amount of time replying and, yes, reading and/or skimming the links you posted, and I threw away a fair chunk of my morning. That may have put me in a bad humor, but I definitely don't dislike you.
Also I was pretty sure we were talking about different things, and I think that was fairly true. I was on about after effects, you were on about immediate effects.

I get what you're saying about the word "toxic" — macro level accurate, micro level not so much. Fair enough.

And maybe I did act pissing contesty... I'm an imperfect person, and I'm definitely not above that kind of shit. Also, a part of me wants more than anything to go back in time to when studying this stuff — not this stuff specifically, but neuroscience and neurochemistry — were essentially my livelihood. I fucked that up, so perhaps I have some issues with pride and whatnot surrounding discussions of science.

I'm being super mature right now, if I may say so myself.

I apologize if I gave you the impression that I don't like you. And yeah, I skimmed some of that shit. But we both know you weren't posting peer approved experimental journal articles. Anyway, I just want to take this moment to point out once again how mature and self aware I am.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|