View Single Post
Old 04.04.2013, 06:28 AM   #200
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Same thing's been happening to me.

Anyway, I see guest's losing love fast for Deerhunter. Have faith! I thought I was alone in believing them to be "THE" band of the era for indie noise pop dirge, etc. I'm glad to hear you felt the same way, and yes Parallax was fucking awful, but that wasn't Deerhunter now, was it?

They're a great band and they're progression from dirgey noise filth prog-punk to dirgy noise filth prog-pop brings to mind Sonic Youth, especially since they've made the transition so well. And if any album stands out as a flop, it can still easily be attributed to probability at this point, and made up for by awesome subsequent releases.

I have not listened to the Monomania single yet, because I'm actually a little nervous now. But I have confidence in that scrawny beautiful creep's ability to make the kind of music that people like us thought was reserved for "ye olde indie bands of yore" ... By which I mean '80s underground and college shit.

Lets keep the faith guys.

Also, for the sale of the thread, I'll just mention that I've got a killer career spanning mix called Jay-Z VS Nas: You're Not Worthy. It goes back and forth between the two artists, one track at a time, in chronological order, using the best songs they've recorded.

I know the title sucks, but it's a fucking masterpiece and a fucking blast to listen to at work.
Btw: Jay-Z seems to be winning in every era except for the later '90s.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|