View Single Post
Old 04.02.2014, 10:53 PM   #355
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Yeah, The Infamous... is one of the defining records of East Coast hip hop of that time man. Up there w/ Illmatic or Enter The Wu for sure. I don't even care, I still listen to Infamous wayyyyyyy more than Ready To Die.

The Infamous... was released in 1995.

The Infamous Mobb Deep was released in 2014.

Yeah, I'm all too familiar with the original album as well. I was just being snarky by phrasing it as a question. But I DID think that this was just a reissue, plain and simple.

... Until about 12:00 today when I threw it on at work and was like - "Whaaaaaa???"

So my apologies. I've never been a hard core Mobb Deep fan, but a few of their albums are among my all time favorites. They were so goddamn influential... I don't even think it's been recognized by the public just how big of an impact their take on street rap had on the emergence of post-gangsta artists, who rapped about street issues, but did so thoughtfully and articulately.

I had no idea there was a new album out. It makes all of my excitement over Schoolboy, Rick, and even DZA seem rather quaint by comparison.

(I'm so glad I'm friends with a record store owner.)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|