Thread: Religion thread
View Single Post
Old 11.01.2017, 08:34 AM   #37
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
all religion stems from the LIE that humans are separate from creation, and need either guidance to get them back to this "god/divinity", OR, that because of that separation we are interminably corrupt and sinful and the only "salvation" is listening to other even more interminably corrupt and sinful people tell you how you should live.
this needs to be unpacked before your statement of wishes

yeah we’re not “separate”— except in our heads. our heads get in the way.

not all religions claim we’re interminably corrupt and sinful

feels like you’re equating all religions with the texan brand of christianity you’re familiar with

i think it’s more varied and interesting than that. at the same time i think the problem of figuring out how to live hasn’t been “solved”, as it were. whether it’s a problem or not it’s up to you— but it is for me. and the problem of suffering is central to my experience so a key to that question.

if you claim to have an answer for that— you’re a religion
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|