View Single Post
Old 12.20.2016, 11:49 PM   #20276
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Mulholland Drive has some fucking scary scenes for a non horror movie though.

Oh shit yeah man. The last minute of that film has to rank among the most terrifying things I've ever seen on screen.

Fun fact: after Mulholland Drive for the first time, I was so determined to unravel the plot and understand all the symbolism that I actually dug up a film school dissertation on the thing on an academic research database, read the whole goddamn in a night, and watched the movie again the next day.

Little did I — or the poor grad student who'd devoted got knows how long to that paper — know that the film is not a puzzle to be "solved." I think I actually read an interview with Lynch where he admitted that he didn't know the answers to the "how?" and "why?" questions the film leaves you with. It's just... fucking Mullholand Drive. Bitch. Period.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|