Thread: Beethoven
View Single Post
Old 03.24.2006, 05:15 PM   #11
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
BEETHOVEN

my favorite classical composer.
a masterful genius who took music from the baroque era and singlehandedly brought about the romantic movement in classical/pure music. He dealt with the large, heavy, giant, overwhelming themes of humanity, in a non-religious, praise god jkind of way. his greatest works extoll the inherent beauty of the human condition.
his 9th symphony, judged by many to be the single greatest symphonic work ever, has been adopted worlwide as a symbol of man's rise above opppression, man's rise above ignorance, man's ability to triumph through his own free will. It was played at the berlin wall when it came down. It's last movement, the ODE TO JOY is to me the single most beautiful piece of music. It symbolizes and extolls the purity of human joy. It is a beautiful thing.

I love beethoven's work, ina ll forms. his concerti are pure mastery. his ideas wrecked havok upon the musical world of his time and for all time.

he is one of my heroes, can you tell?