View Single Post
Old 09.22.2019, 12:05 AM   #1
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses

As my followers know (and I don't mean Facemook/Twatter/Instacrap followers; I mean real followers... whom I will lead to the apex of ROCK!), I like to keep print magazines in print, which means that unless an article has already been officially shared online, I don't scan/type it and post it elsewhere. I just mention something cool is on the mag, now you go buy it.

This time I'm gonna make an exception because 1.- It's from Uncut's issue #264 and the latest one is #270, and 2.- I'll only quote part of a special that I'll be talking up so much you're gonna wanna buy it anyway.

So: Uncut ran a big special on Neil Young & Crazy Horse (specifically "the Horse", not Neil's other adventures) due to Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere's 50th anniversary. It's divided into their several eras together, and each one features a different narrator:

1967-1972: Billy Talbot
1975-1979: Frank "Poncho" Sampedro
The 1980s: producer Niko Bolas
The 1990s: Lee Ranaldo
The 2000s: Nils Lofgren

Each period is also prefaced by a critical overview, and there are also sidebars like Kurt Vile's Top 5 Horse Jams, list of everyone who's been part of the Horse and how many shows they've played, list of finished but unreleased Horse albums, list of unreleased Horse cuts performed live, you get the picture. All cool. All bitchin' sweet. Now, let's move on to Lee's words (Uncut's chosen quote: "We should have been the ones to make Mirror Ball!"). By the bye, I didn't copy-&-paste, I typed all this shit, so you better read it, dammit:

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|