View Single Post
Old 01.07.2015, 02:39 PM   #18439
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
is he negative about it? i thought he was fucking proud. get the discs (2 of them) & check out the commentaries, etc. he's pissed that it was cancelled but both him and pamela adlon were very proud of their work-- which btw c.k. compares it to the honeymooners (they even went for a similar look in the apartment).

can't think of any blockbusters that were about rags to riches stories but for example there's this class-conscious comedy from late 80s/early 90s called "dutch" featuring the al bundy guy as some working class dude dating a rich lady and he goes to pick up the lady's kid for thanksgiving... all kind of shit ensues. but the thing is that this working class schmoe is a millionaire who owns a fucking construction company. and so love triumphs in the end. al bundy the shoe salesman on the other hand is painted as a loser and an object of ridicule.

oh wait there is plenty of that material in the yuppie age about "getting out". the secret of my success, trading places... even a pink-collar revolt like "9 to 5" ends up in marriage and yuppiedom. the 80s were a time of ideological carnage. after that, if you don't have a trust fund it's your own damn fault.

the british thank fuck gave us mike leigh who is still making films. haven't watched his latest. last i saw was vera drake which in recollection was very good. but that's just a drop in the bucket.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|