View Single Post
Old 02.24.2011, 11:11 PM   #99
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
Radiohead fans are like Deadheads, but snottier. If you equate Radiohead and their fans with the Dead and their obsessors, they're a lot easier to ignore. HAVING SAID THAT, every few years I give Kid A a spin. I don't think anyone could argue that it wasn't an ambitious LEAP for them. But a lot of their stuff makes me want to go back to their sources of inspiration (krautrock, electronic music). "ooh, that's a good sound there. oh wait, I could just spin that Harmonia record and get the same feeling." They managed to hone a sound that is very much their own, but unfortunately instead of absorbing the electro touchstones they love so much, they just watered them down into nothing with Thom's whining on top.
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|