View Single Post
Old 07.12.2006, 10:48 PM   #47
el duderino
bad moon rising

el duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's asses
hey there,

this album rocks. Probably my favourite album - its just got an awesome 80's feeling all over it. One of my favourite moments is that riff in Justice is Might - such a godly riff! When i hear it I think of freedom in the 80's!

And yeah, I fully agree with people about the awesome cover art - it really gives your mind a strong reference point for the mood of the album.

Also i seem to recall reading in the Sonic Youth book that they tried to get a general theme of Americana across in this album, something that both the cover and music references. I definitely get a kind of US rock music circa 1960's buzz in Intro and Brave Men Run. I also get a similar buzz in The Empty Page during that guitar break after the noise solo - reminds of the Bryds or something??

cheers,
Mike
el duderino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|