View Single Post
Old 09.19.2017, 01:38 PM   #192
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRFox
Gosh's a great track imo. Got to agree with slavo with the rest of his music though – not that I heard everything he's done by far, but everything I've heard was bland

Yeah. Glad I'm not the only one who likes "Gosh." That was the big track from that album, and I think the lead single. I had only previously heard his stuff with Gil Scott Heron, and thought it was OK, and I liked "Gosh" so I got In Colour and gave it a good honest go. But... yeah, pretty freaking mediocre all in all.

Still, that song is now on my ever-growing electro playlist. I am decidedly NOT a Jamie xx fan, but that song captures something.

There are a few electronic artists like that. Flume is another one. Mostly just EDM trash, but his first album had some definite bonkers tracks on it.

Heck, I even like that Calvin Harris song with Frank Ocean. What's that one called? Slide? I think so. Yeah... not good music, not a good artist (Calvin Harris that is) but that's a good song.

I don't think I have much of a point here, other than that even shitty artists can have good songs, or strike a chord, or stumble upon something dope. I actually kind of hate everything Jamie xx stands for and his "rock" music is just tepid boring trash, but "Gosh" rules.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|