View Single Post
Old 05.20.2010, 04:30 AM   #113
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I think the deal with the characters in Peep Show... this kind of humour may go right over the heads of the pompous, egomaniacal, or unself-aware.

i love peep show!

except series 6 which is crap. shark jumped.

to me it was just an occasionally quite funny show about 20 something life in the 00's. outside of peep show i find both of them a bit douchey. i liked how uncool robert webb was, how he didn't give a fuck and would rather sit down and read the times and have a cup of tea. i liked his "young fogeyness", until he was on the big fat quiz of the year and he said he had bought a susan boyle album. and it wasn't a joke, he had actually bought it. and sat down and listened to it, and i pictured him thinking "time for a relaxing treat, mmm yes this is quite reasonable, talented singing. 12 quid well spent" and my image of him was shattered and all that young fogeyness became conservative douchery. but he's the kind of guy you think "seems like a decent bloke" which is the whole point of the person he betrays himself as.

yet some of peep show, the first 5 seasons have moments of really great comedy, better than anything else apart from the thick of it and xavier that i've seen this decade.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|