View Single Post
Old 05.20.2010, 02:36 AM   #102
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
You're an idiot.

So Rob has to make you laugh before his opinion becomes valid?

So you can't have a negative opinion of Tom Green because he's good is basically what you're saying. What if you don't think he's good?

Yes, I am clearly an idiot, for replying to this yet again, constantly breaking down one throw-away sentence in order to simplify it so you can clearly understand it.

Here, I'll try one more time here.. let me paraphrase the whole argument here for you, in comedic terms, I'll put words in everyone's mouths like people do to me, but it's for comedy! It's for comedy, so it's okay! Here goes!

Me: Tom Green is a genius!
Rob: TOM GREEN SUCKS, HE NEEDS TO DIE, HE HAS NO FANS! HE ISN'T FUNNY!
Me: Tom Green belongs to a school of anti-humor, like Kaufman and Neil Hamburger, he can't be judged on the same terms as everyone else.
Rob: NO! HE'S JUST AN IDIOT! JUST SHOCK TACTIC SHIT!
Me: Oh, really, and what brilliant comedic innovations have you brought to the table lately? The dude's a genius! Forward-thinking, and everyone's ripped him off!
ROB: AND ANDY KAUFMAN ISN'T FUNNY EITHER! FUCK THAT SHIT! IF I WANT COMEDY I'LL DA DA DA DA.
Me: Blah blah blah.
infinitemusic: [idiot bullshit]
Lurker: DUh UmM OH eh?

There ya go.

Rob's opinion is completely valid to me -- I don't outright dismiss anyone's opinion... buuuuuuuut Rob does have a habit of outright dismissing TONS of things, often for completely ridiculous reasons -- this band "sucks" because they don't "rock", this comedian uses "shock tactics" so he is automatically "shitty", etc. So, um. Yeah. That's all. Seems pretty clear to me. Or do I need to simplify it again?

Wait, I will!

I don't give a shit who likes Tom Green, but he's still important in the history, the evolution, of comedy. There'd be no Jackass without Tom Green, for example. He's a true original, one of a kind. Fuck, I don't like the Beatles at all, but I recognize them as important to popular music. I do give a shit when people outright dismiss things for ridiculous reasons. Or, at least I did when I replied to this stuff like 15 hours ago. Now I just wanna drink a beer with Rob and look at big asses.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|