View Single Post
Old 09.14.2011, 01:33 PM   #1113
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I totally agree that Brazil now aren't a shadow of what they were in the 70s and 80s. But they're still a formidable force in World football and in a match over two legs would still probably beat 90% of national teams out there. I'm as bored with hearing the whole 'samba football' name being used in reference to them now as you are, considering they haven't played that style for nearly 30 years, but I can't think of any team right now except Spain and maybe Holland who I'd back to beat them in a major tournament. Since their golden age, they've won the World Cup twice and, had Ronaldo not been unfit to play in the final against France in 1998, would've almost certainly won that one, too. I agree with your point but you have to admit that, for a team that's been living off former glories for more than a quarter of a century, that's pretty impressive.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|