View Single Post
Old 02.12.2016, 06:33 PM   #491
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Dude, what era of the American middle class are you referring to exactly? Because shit... I used to make what I though was a fair amount of money for living in a mid-level city. 40-45k/year tops. Nothing super impressive, but it was a lot more than many of my friends made. But I never had enough money to do the things you're talking about. Not even close. With expenses factored in and student loans and helping my girlfriend through grad school, I was paycheck to paycheck.

The middle class doesn't really exist anymore unless you live in a very small town and make a shit ton of money for that area. I'm talking like, 70k or more in an area with no more than 10,000 people, where the average household income is less than 25.

My parents were college professors and magazine editors and even in the good old '90s, buyinf a new car was a massive decision that required a loan and a conmittement to sticking with said car for 5-10 years.

Maybe I grew up poorer than I remember, but I think you're talking about upper-middle class folks at the very least, if not straight up rich people.

Teddy Brosevelt i hate to break it to you but unless you live in Appalachia 45k is NOT middle vlass. It isn't the poverty line by any means and it is a more or less "cool" lifestyle BUT frankly in today's US any household under 100k is NOT MIDDLE CLASS rather is paycheck to paycheck

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|