View Single Post
Old 03.31.2019, 02:12 AM   #2603
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i think one has to be able to relate/sympathize at some level otherwise the show fails with the audience. not the same with every audience.

SPOILERS EUGENE AVERT YOUR EYES

tony at some level is a family man, is hounded by problems, fears death of worse, besides being a fucking sociopath. the audience sees a dad, a husband, an abused son and brother... who is also a motherfucker. note:ALSO.

the whole ordeal with the therapist is the very point of that. she thinks she can cure him. we think he’s got a human side.

SPOILERS ENDED

that woman from fleabag i have zero empathy for. just the way she was written. seems dead inside. just a mechanism.

same thing with the family fucking guy. can’t stand anyone in it, reads to me like cynicism not satire, therefore i never watched.

Not sure how far you got into Fleabag but there are definitely bits in that where you sympathise with her and what she's going through. Now neither of us are women in mid-30s living in London. However, a few female friends I've spoken to about it have all noted how real it is. Fact is everyone is busy looking for their mate and wanting to fuck. She's an extreme form of it but that's talked about later in the first series.

I think you'd made up your mind about her early on and then decided to budge from that opinion. We all have traits that make us disliked by people and Fleabag is no different. A program barely two series old and you can see the evolution of the character already.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|