View Single Post
Old 07.26.2007, 09:11 AM   #43
Armenia
empty page

Armenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane durden
Hey Armenia- I felt compelled to answer albeit incompletely. I love the music of Sonic Nurse. It's smooth, trancelike, cool guitars and love the drumming/stick playing. Kim's vocals really take you in. What does a nurse do? They care for you when you are vulnerable, sometimes control and have power/authority over you. That says a bit. I'm not sure I understand if you just don't like the music or don't like the concept of the album. Pattern Recognition is an incredible song. Anyway I'll think about it more. Diane

I don't like the music really much, because I don't know enough about the concept and just because I don't like it very much.

Usually, I can imagine an overall picture of the theme of an album by putting the album title and the lyrics of the songs together. But linking this nurse theme with the song's lyrics didn't bring any logical thoughts to me.
Only Dude Ranch Nurse seems to be the obvious link.
Anyway, I guess not everything has a connection within this album.
And I don't know if that's a shame or not.
Probably not, it makes this album interesting in a way, but I still like other albums better for this particular reason.

So don't get me wrong, I do like this album.
But I think I prefer sy's older directions better artistically than their directions around the time that sonic nurse appeared.
Armenia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|