View Single Post
Old 01.29.2018, 02:19 PM   #19
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
oooh, I wasn't realizing you're from MN.

Living nowhere near there, The Bad Plus to me is just another jazz band that most people around me (meaning, non-jazz fans) have never heard of.

I can understand the thinking that their covers are gimmicky - but on a purely superficial level, I really like their covers. So shrug, y'know?

But it's funny - the people I know that have heard of them do seem to look down on them. Maybe it's just that they're sort of "pop jazz" in a sense. I don't know. But yeah, I still enjoy plenty of their albums.

I do like free-er stuff too, but y'know sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't kind of thing. Haha.