View Single Post
Old 07.17.2017, 11:40 AM   #1
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
This is more politics than music, of course, but I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up in one form of another, especially considering the fact that Thurston Moore has weighed in on the issue, along with countless others, pleading with Radiohead not to perform and to abide by the cultural and artistic boycot of Israel.

I really don't know exactly how to feel about this, which is why I'm asking. On one hand, I understand the reasons behind boycotting Israel. On the other hand, I suppose I can see why a politically-minded artist might think it was better to get in there and try to change some minds. Sure, there's a colonial attitude at work there, but I'm not sure there's anything inherently wrong with playing to fans who live under a fucked regime. I suppose I'd be tempted to boycott the US if there was something wrong with that. And lord knows how many other nations.

So I just don't know. But the "dialogue" is just shit-throwing and nose-turning at this point. I don't think anything good is going to come out of it. Certainly not for the people who are actually suffering under Netanyahu. Feels like a lot of first-world bickering to me.

Any thoughts?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|