View Single Post
Old 04.23.2013, 05:42 PM   #241
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
def my favorite GFK since Pretty Tony.

Dudes, I think this is my favorite Ghostface solo (more or less) album since ever.

I was going to say Supreme Clientele, but of I'm being honest with myself, I currently feel as though this is the perfect mix of wu-imagery, group dynamic, brilliant production, artistry, east coast drug lord bravado, and the kind of lyrics that make Ghostface Killah the stand out Wu solo personality.

Am I just experiencing some serious fanboy recency effect here, or what? Like I said, though I've listened to and owned his albums pretty consistently, I have always felt like Ghostface Killah didn't quite fit with in with the rest of the clan, especially once the mask came off and he started to lose the mystery ritual murderer look and become more of a mainstream presence.

But this, I believe, is as good as any solo wu album since the '90s. And fucking excellent use of maybe the best Portishead sample ever used in a hip hop track.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|