Thread: Sonic 2008
View Single Post
Old 01.04.2008, 05:15 PM   #34
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrungeMonkey
i think the next album could be much more experimental than rather ripped, with longer sings and more jams... we're at a similar point now to when SY were making washing machine - they've just done a relatively "pop" album in EJTNS, thurstons done a fairly song based solo album - resulting in thurston having less full songs to bring to the band, meaning the album will be more from the band as a whole, perhaps resulting in something more similar to washing machine. which would be welcome as far as i'm concerned.

either that or theyre still obsessed with writing pop songs and will do another album like that...

interesting perspective... i think i might agree though i think they really started to stretch out with guitar effects and experimenting with longer jams around EJST&NS, Washing Machine and ATL, and then parred down after the infamous theft to now. I dunno, i don't really see them straying away from what they've been doing in the last 3 albums, for them to stretch out like they did on Washing Machine now would to me be kinda daring (though i don't know why) move in a way, that would be left for something like for a SYR release. but then again you never know from SY.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|