Thread: new WILCO album
View Single Post
Old 04.23.2007, 04:47 PM   #2
lungfish
bad moon rising

lungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asses
its a good album but Wilco have the potential to do so much better.
AGIB isn't even my fav album but the songs on there seem so much better than most of these new tracks. fuller and packed with an instant musical uppercut.
my favorite song is You Are My Face.
the only song, more so than Impossible Germany actually, that I think is up to par with their recent and even older songs.
it sounds like a marriage between She's A Jar (the verses) and At Least That's What You Said (at 1:30)

3:21 - 3:25 on Impossible Germany is incredibly beautiful. such a little moment but so sweet and sad. and then they all come in and.. yeah. goodness.

but who knows. maybe I'll come home one day feeling bummy and I'll put this on and it'll all make sense but I want to be excited a bit more next time.

good album for sure though.

ps - i'm pissed the Hammerstein show sold out so quickly. godDAMN. haha.
lungfish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|